Thank you for reading CSE Media Center's news section! Expect this section to be updated regularly with announcements, event details, information on new arrivals, and stories from CSE classrooms.
Quarantined? Check this out!
While the CSE building closed the remainder of the 19-20 school year and media center service is halted, all is NOT lost! Now is the perfect time to dive into a new book, start a new podcast, check out your local library's services, or listen to an eAudiobook. These are perfect ways to pass the time and escape from the news for a while. Collected below you'll find lots of free online resources for continuing the joy of reading at home.
Podcasts for those in search of a great story.
Podcasts are an excellent way to share stories. Give your eyes a break and your ears a treat by checking out these awesome story-based podcasts recommended by Mr. Karpicke.
Use this link when accessing the catalog from CSE.
Use this link when accessing the catalog from elsewhere.
Click on the button below to request that a book be added to the media center collection.
Mission & Goals
Mission: CSE Media Center staff strive to develop curious, creative, resourceful, and well-informed scholars who love to read, are capable of accessing, organizing, and evaluating information, and use their knowledge to solve problems and participate productively in their communities.
Media Center Goals:
Commitment to Excellence
- Supporting each individual learner's needs and goals
- Supporting academic excellence through learner assets and cultural strengths
- Promotion of lifelong learning
- Implementation of best practice instructional strategies
Student Development Goals
- Development of an intrinsic love for reading (reading for pleasure)
- Development of an intrinsic curiosity and thirst for knowledge
- Development of personal and mutual respect through a welcoming, supportive, and engaging environment
- Development of collaborative skills to encourage self-motivation and responsibility for personal actions
Skill Development Goals
- Developing research skills to
- Solve problems
- Gain knowledge and satisfy curiosities
- Answer research questions
- Development of strong inquiry and critical thinking skills
- Development of effective use of information technology, both digitally and in print
- Development of strong literacy skills including reading, writing, and media literacy
- Cultivation of safe and ethical technology and information usage practices
- Development of correct ethical attitudes and habits in regards to intellectual property, plagiarism, and research
Volunteer at the CSE Media Center!
The CSE Media Center welcomes volunteers! Volunteers may assist with administrative library tasks (eg. re-shelving, managing the collection, assisting student patrons), read to students, or help keep the library clean and inviting. Volunteers may assist on a regular schedule (preferred) or on a limited, drop-in basis. Volunteer shifts are available Monday-Friday from 8:30 am-4:30. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please contact Alex Karpicke at: email@example.com