Enroll Your Child: PreK to 10th Grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
9th & 10th Grade is Open for Enrollment
We welcome you and your child to come visit us! We give daily tours.
Register Your Student: To register your child for Community School of Excellence, please download and complete the application below or contact: (651) 917-0073 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Enrollment Policy
I. PURPOSEThe purpose of this policy is to explain enrollment and admissions at Community School of Excellence so that families may make enrollment decisions in an informed and timely manner.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICYCommunity School of Excellence may not limit admission to pupils on the basis of gender, race, intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, religious preference, or athletic ability. Community School of Excellence is a public school and is required to enroll an eligible student who submits a timely application, unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. When that occurs, students will be placed on a waiting list. Community School of Excellence will give enrollment preference to a sibling of an enrolled student and to a foster child of that student's parents and then to children of Community School of Excellence staff before accepting other pupils by lot.
III. APPLICATION AND ENROLLMENT PROCEDURESAn application is considered to be timely if it has been marked as “received” in the main office of the school before the end of the enrollment period.
- Each school year, the Board:
- Establishes by October 1st the open enrollment period applicable to the following school year's admissions.
- Publishes including on its website by October 1st the school's enrollment application and process applicable to the following school year.
- Application requests: All applications received by the enrollment deadline will be equally considered. For any grade level where there are more applicants than spaces available, Community School of Excellence will conduct a lottery to determine admission for that grade. Applicants who are not chosen in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list and notified promptly if a space becomes available. Students who submit applications after the enrollment deadline will be admitted if there are any remaining openings, or added to a waiting list.
- Lotteries: Community School of Excellence conducts all lotteries through a method of random selection.
- The Lottery Grade Order: Applicable lotteries occur from highest grade to lowest grade.
- Preferences: Siblings of currently enrolled students, who submit an application by the enrollment deadline will receive preference for admission. In the event that Community School of Excellence has more sibling applicants than open spaces at any grade level, Community School of Excellence will conduct a lottery among all of the sibling applicants who met the deadline to determine admission for that grade. Siblings who are not chosen in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list. Then, children of School staff who submit an application by the enrollment deadline will receive preference for admission. In the event that the School has more children of staff applicants than open spaces at any grade level, the School will conduct a lottery among all of the children of staff applicants who met the deadline to determine admission for that grade. Children of staff who are not chosen in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list after the siblings of student currently enrolled.
- Waiting Lists. No waiting list will carry over from year to year. Each waiting list is subject to a lottery and redrawn during each admission process each year.
Applicable StatutesMinnesota Statutes §124E.11(Approved by the Board May 4, 2016)