Thank you for your interest in employment at Community School of Excellence!
Do you like an inclusive workplace where input is valued and hard work is rewarded?
Do you want to work in a healthy and professional environment where staff is able to learn and grow?
Then CSE is the place for you! We are looking for individuals who are committed to education and to the mission and vision of CSE. If you always have the students’ best interest at heart, if you are ready to be accountable for your students' success and your professional development, you are ready to join our team.
CSE Staff are:
- Committed to a career in education and charter school development.
- Committed to the mission of CSE and the International Baccalaureate Model.
- Committed to diversity and believe all students can learn regardless of background.
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork.
- Accountable for their students' progress and their own professional development.
- Role models for the students on and off campus through professional/value-based conduct.
- Excited about being part of the CSE team!
Minimum qualifications for the following positions:
Teaching - a valid Minnesota teaching license in the appropriate grade levels and subject area.Educational Assistants and Tutors - two year degree OR completion of 60 semester credits with C grade or better OR successful completion of Parapro Assessment.Administrative Assistant - two year degree related to the business management, business administration or related field and must be bilingual in English and Hmong, both oral and written.
Community School of Excellence works to provide a comprehensive employee benefit package for its staff. It is important to CSE that our staff feel valued, have a well-rounded benefit plan and options that fit their needs.
CSE offers a full benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, long-term care, life and AD&D, and flexible spending account (FSA).
Provides both our medical and dental plans.
Provides our vision plan.
Provides our long-term care, life and AD&D plans, which is covered at 100% by CSE.
The following additional coverage options are available on a voluntary basis:
- Short Term Disability
- Additional Life and AD&D
- Additional Long Term Care
Paid Time Off
- Teacher's Retirement Association (TRA) - CSE contributes the state regulated percentage of payroll to each eligible employee's account. Employee pays 7.5% and CSE matches 7.5%
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) - CSE contributes the state regulated percentage of payroll to each eligible employee's account. Employee pays 6.5% and CSE matches 7.5%
- 401K Plans - CSE works with retirement vendors to provide staff additional retirement options that will supplement the TRA/PERA. This is employee contribution only.
Family Medical Leave Act and Minnesota Parenting Leave
- In addition to the 10 paid Holidays, CSE offers a generous paid time off plan for its employees.
- CSE is 100% compliant with FMLA and Minnesota Parenting Leave.
- CSE participates in the Q-Comp system in which teachers may qualify to receive stipends based on the involvement in the Q-Comp system.
- Employees receive a laptop computer for their professional use during the school year
- Teachers still paying off federal student loans may qualify for loan forgiveness on Stafford loans or have Perkins loans cancelled.
- CSE does provide a free lunch for the staff as a part of the staff fringe benefits to help recruit and retain our staff. This program is separate from our school lunch program and it is accounted for in the general funds.
Collective Bargaining Agreement